Escape to the Country – Boarding Agreement
This is an Agreement between Escape to the Country Dog Kennels (the “Kennel”) and (the “Owner”) for the boarding and care of the animal(s) described as (the “Pet”).
- The Kennel shall exercise reasonable care for the Pet at all times the Pet is in the care of the Kennel. The Owner hereby forever discharges and holds harmless the Kennel, it’s successors and assigns, from all liability, claims, demands or any cause of action, of whatever kind or nature, which may arise out of or related to this Agreement. The Owner hereby agrees to assume any and all liabilities and responsibilities with respect to any property damage, personal injury, expenses or loss caused, suffered or incurred by the Kennel as a result of behaviour or actions of the Pet during, or arising out of this agreement.
- If the Pet, becomes ill or if the state of the animal’s health otherwise requires professional attention, the Kennel, in its sole discretion, may engage the services of a veterinarian or give requisite attention to the animal, and the expenses thereof shall be paid by the owner. The Kennel will try to use the Owners preferred veterinarian, but in an emergency will take the Pet to the nearest veterinarian available at the discretion of the Kennel.
- The Owner agrees to pay the rate for boarding in effect on the date the Pet is checked into the Kennel. The Owner further agrees that the Pet shall not leave the Kennel until all charges are paid to Kennel by Owner. Boarding must be paid in full at time of pickup.
- The Owner hereby agrees that if any balance owning to the Kennel arising from the Agreement is outstanding for more than 30 days the Kennel may treat such delinquency as an abandonment of the Pet and said Pet will be sold or given away to a suitable home, facility, society or shelter.
- This Agreement contains the entire agreement between parties. All terms and conditions of this Agreement shall be binding on the heirs, administrators, personal representatives and assigns of the Owner and the Kennel.
- Any controversy or claim arising out of or relating to this contract, or the breach thereof, or as the result of any claim or controversy involving the alleged negligence by any party to this Agreement, shall be settled in accordance with the laws of Alberta, Canada.
- The Owner hereby certifies the accuracy of all information provided to the Kennel, whether written or verbal, with respect to the Pet.